CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My New Tarot Deck

As I said in my previous post, I've been looking for a tarot deck. When I had my cards read a couple of weeks ago, Sherri told me I should get a deck and learn how to use them (you can read about my encounter here).

So like I said, I've been looking at a few decks finding it hard to chose. But I got over to Books-A-Million today, and was pleased to see they had some new stock in. I looked over the books and saw few titles I might be wanting in the future, but my mission today was to find a deck if at all possible. I found three decks that I'd looked at several times online. I sat down on the floor with them in front of me, looking at each one, holding them, looking them over again. I put the Gilded Tarot back on the shelf not that I didn't want it but I knew I could get it for less online (which I promptly order when I got home with shipping for under 12 bucks).

This left me pondering 2 decks. The Legacy of the Divine Tarot and the Mystic Dreamers Tarot. I repeated the process of looking over both, holding the boxes, and in the end decided on the Mystic Dreamer set. I think I've been drawn to this set for quite awhile, especially since on several occasions of being at the store I've looked at this deck and contemplated buying it. I will eventually get the Legacy deck I'm sure.

Now I get to learn the meanings and how to use my deck. I'm at a total loss here as I've never really done any sort of reading except a few times with my Path of the Soul deck.

All in all I think it was a good way to celebrate the full moon by finding my deck.

Bright Blessings!

2 comments:

Me said...

Fantastic choice, you will not be disappointed. Beautiful deck :)

Morgaine Pendragon said...

It is a beautiful deck. And then I came home and read your comment on the previous post...I couldn't believe I'd bought the same deck you had posted about. :D