CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Will Never Forget

Nine years ago today, the worst thing I had ever witnessed in my life occurred. Planes struck the Twin Towers, one plane crashed in Pennsylvania. I still cannot put into words the emotions and thoughts I had that day.

I will never forget. Never will I forget the tragedy that struck, the lives that were lost, the damage that was done. Never will I forget that I had planned to be there at the Towers that day with my two girls. Never will I be so grateful for my daughter having gotten a bad nose bleed the night before that kept us up most of the night for fear of it starting up again.

If it wasn't for that, we would have been getting up to leave at that time and quite possibly we could have been there when they started to fall.

I will never forget the eerie silence when all the planes were grounded. Nor will I forget the sight of seeing fighter jets flying over my old neighborhood as they circled around the air space of Ground Zero.

That fateful day is forever etched in my mind and heart. I often wonder, why she got that nose bleed. Why were we kept from going there that day? I may never know the answer to why, but I am grateful that we are here today.

NEVER FORGET!

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think that even if one tries to forget, it would be impossible. One only needs to glance at the casualties from both sides; what a terrible thing...

mxtodis123 said...

The day the world changed. I know here in New York we are changed forever.
Mary

Unknown said...

I don't think that anyone who was beyond the age of remembering will ever forget that day. I've tried to stay away from the coverage and the headlines, it just brings too many memories back that I find unsettling. I had thought not to do a blog about that day, but I'm feeling a bit compelled too. So, maybe when all is said and done and I have a few moments to myself I too shall share. Many Blessings--Angie (onreeone)